From: akhar
Subject: new to lisp => need help
From: Frode Vatvedt Fjeld
Subject: Re: new to lisp => need help
"akhar" <·····@videotron.ca> writes:

> I am in search of libraries for imaging (manipulating images as raw
> data and matrices)

I believe there is one library for reading JPEG floating around, and I think
someone posted some functions for reading PNG images here a while
ago.

> and HTML navigation and page generation and some network (TCP/IP)
> packet communication libraries. Is there a site or FTP like
> python.org that holds in one place such libraries,

No single canonical site, but some exist, like
<URL:http://ww.telent.net/cliki/index>. Also, <URL:http://www.alu.org>
probably has more links and information for you.

> and this might sound stupid but a library from any lisp
> implementation will work with another one? (eg CMUCL with CLIPS?)

Some libraries will by their nature be implementation dependent, and
others not. For example, I'd expect libraries for reading image files
to be implementation independent, but not networking libraries.

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld