From: Dave Bakhash
Subject: CL and telephony
Hi,

I'm in the process of implementing a telephony system.  There are a
couple of alternatives here, one being TAPI/JTAPI, the other being the
use of a larger telephony system (e.g. Parity software, Bayonne,
Asterisk, etc.)

Despite the options, I would prefer a Common Lisp telephony system.  Of
course, I'm speaking about the library level.  But, unfortunately, I
don't think CL has any such libraries.

Searching on telephony and CL lead me to see that Lucent has done some
telephony stuff with ACL.  Howver, this is not useful to me, of course,
unless they made their software available.

While I cannot pay large sums of money for this, I am definitely willing
to pay for it, provided someone has a reasonably mature CL interface
into Dialogic boards, PBX, or even voice modems.

thanks,
dave