From: Kyongho Min
Subject: Need help on ACL6.0 AllegroServe
Hi, Lispers,

I am implemting GUI by using ACL6.0 to get and post requests to web
servers (sort of
meta-search engine implementation).

I tried to use CGU functions and other functions from AllegroServe. the
following is the
error messages from my listener.

CG-USER(0): (web-page-contents "http://www.yahoo.com")
Error: "Host is unreachable" (errno 10065) occured while
       creating a local socket and connecting to a remote host.
[condition type: SOCKET-ERROR]
CG-USER(1): (net.aserve.client:do-http-request "http://www.yahoo.com")
Error: "Host is unreachable" (errno 10065) occured while
       creating a local socket and connecting to a remote host.
[condition type: SOCKET-ERROR]

I have a socket error. Could you give me any help to solve this problem.

I am useing ACL6.0 in a PC with Win98.

Great Thanks in advance,

Kyongho Min

From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: Re: Need help on ACL6.0 AllegroServe
Kyongho Min wrote:

> Hi, Lispers,
>
> I am implemting GUI by using ACL6.0 to get and post requests to web
> servers (sort of
> meta-search engine implementation).
>
> I tried to use CGU functions and other functions from AllegroServe. the
> following is the
> error messages from my listener.

> CG-USER(0): (web-page-contents "http://www.yahoo.com")
> Error: "Host is unreachable" (errno 10065) occured while
>        creating a local socket and connecting to a remote host.
> [condition type: SOCKET-ERROR]
> CG-USER(1): (net.aserve.client:do-http-request "http://www.yahoo.com")
> Error: "Host is unreachable" (errno 10065) occured while
>        creating a local socket and connecting to a remote host.
> [condition type: SOCKET-ERROR]

Do you need a http-proxy to access web?
Then you can try

(net.aserve.client:do-http-request "http://www.yahoo.com"
                                           :proxy "123.45.67.89:4321")

(proxy address is here arbitrary chosen...)

ciao,
Jochen

--
http://www.dataheaven.de
From: Kyongho Min
Jochen Schmidt wrote:

> --------------
>
> Do you need a http-proxy to access web?
> Then you can try
>
> (net.aserve.client:do-http-request "http://www.yahoo.com"
>                                            :proxy "123.45.67.89:4321")
>
> (proxy address is here arbitrary chosen...)
>
> ciao,
> Jochen
>
> --
> http://www.dataheaven.de