From: necro
Subject: Tutorial?!?!?!?
A bit of an emergency.

Does anyone know of an good beginner tutorials or guides to Lisp, I think it
is Harlequin lisp if that helps? Could you post the URLs?

Thanks :-)

::necro::

From: David Bakhash
Subject: Re: Tutorial?!?!?!?

 necro> Does anyone know of an good beginner tutorials or guides to
 necro> Lisp, I think it is Harlequin lisp if that helps? Could you
 necro> post the URLs?

http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/reference/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/index.html
From: ········@hex.net
David Bakhash <·····@alum.mit.edu> writes:

>  necro> Does anyone know of an good beginner tutorials or guides to
>  necro> Lisp, I think it is Harlequin lisp if that helps? Could you
>  necro> post the URLs?

> http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/reference/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/index.html

That's an exceptional _reference_, and one of the best-constructed
hypertext documents _anywhere_.  But it's not exactly a "beginner
tutorial."

Another excellent reference [again, not a "beginner tutorial"] is
Common Lisp: The Language.
<http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/cltl/cltl2.html>

I'd commend, as _tutorial/beginner_ material, Successful Lisp
<http://psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/sl.html>

It might also be worth looking at Touretzky's Common Lisp, a Gentle
Introduction to Symbolic Computation
<http://www.cs.cmu.edu:80/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/dst/www/LispBook/index.html>
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" ·@acm.org")
http://vip.hyperusa.com/~cbbrowne/resume.html
From: Friedrich Dominicus
········@hex.net writes:

> I'd commend, as _tutorial/beginner_ material, Successful Lisp
> <http://psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/sl.html>

Not Found

The requested URL /~dlamkins/sl/sl.html was not found on this server.

Regards
Friedrich
From: Joseph Dale
Friedrich Dominicus wrote:

> ········@hex.net writes:
>

> > I'd commend, as _tutorial/beginner_ material, Successful Lisp
> > <http://psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/sl.html>
>
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /~dlamkins/sl/sl.html was not found on this server.

It changed to just <http://psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/> a while ago...

Joe
From: Janis Dzerins

Try this one: http://www.psychologie.uni-trier.de/projects/ELM/elmart.html/

--
Janis Dzerins

  If million people say a stupid thing it's still a stupid thing.
From: necro
Does anyone know of a free copy of Lisp that I can download from the
Internet, it can be shareware, I only need it for a short term.

::necro::
From: Joseph Dale

<http://www.lisp.org/table/systems.htm>