From: Joachim De Beule
Subject: metering
I post this message again because I did not yet get any answers yet,
sorry for the overhead.

I noticed some articles ago the program metering.cl for monitoring
lisp code.  This code needs a definition of a function BYTES-CONSED.

In the code I could find a definition for allegro-v3.1, v4.0 and v4.1:

   #+:allegro-v3.1
   (defun bytes-consed ()
     (let ((gs (sys::gsgc-map)))
       (+ (aref gs 3)			; new space
         (let ((sum 0))			; old space
	    (dotimes (i (1+ (floor (/ (- (length gs) 13) 10))))
	      (incf sum (aref gs (+ (* i 10) 13))))
   	    sum)))
     )

   ;;; Allegro V4.0/1. SYS::GSGC-MAP takes one argument, and returns an
   ;;; array representing the memory state.
   #+(or :allegro-v4.0 :allegro-v4.1)
   (defvar *gc-space-array* (make-array 4 :element-type '(unsigned-byte 32)))
   #+(or :allegro-v4.0 :allegro-v4.1)
   (defun bytes-consed ()
     (system:gsgc-totalloc *gc-space-array* t)
     (aref *gc-space-array* 0))

Does anybody know how to add support for allegro-v6.0?
(unfortunately I cannot find the documentation for the system package.)

thanks, Joachim.
From: Erik Naggum
Subject: Re: metering
* Joachim De Beule
> I post this message again because I did not yet get any answers yet,
> sorry for the overhead.

  This is the kind of thing that support agreements are for.  Even though I
  could answer, I don't want to, and you don't want to rely on my answer,
  either.  I suggest you mail ยทยทยทยท@franz.com and ask for help.

#:Erik
--
  I found no peace in solitude.