From: Joseph Pepper
Subject: Summer internships with Lisp/AI?
Hello!

I am a 1st year grad student at UIUC and just now getting around to
taking Intro to AI.  I am in the of writing a Mancala player in Lisp and
starting to see some amazing code structures that I couldn't have dreamt
up in C++!.  Anyway, I think Lisp is great, and I want to get some
summer experience using it.  Is there anyone out there who has heard of
summer internships involving Lisp/AI (hopefully in the USA)?  I read
most of the postings in a recent ng battle in which a lot of people
defended the rare yet strong Lisp job market, but I am not looking for
something permanent (yet).

Thanks in advance,
Josh
From: thi
Subject: Re: Summer internships with Lisp/AI?
Joseph Pepper <········@cs.uiuc.edu> writes:

> I am a 1st year grad student at UIUC and just now getting around to
> taking Intro to AI.  I am in the of writing a Mancala player in Lisp and
> starting to see some amazing code structures that I couldn't have dreamt
> up in C++!.  Anyway, I think Lisp is great, and I want to get some
> summer experience using it.  Is there anyone out there who has heard of
> summer internships involving Lisp/AI (hopefully in the USA)?  I read
> most of the postings in a recent ng battle in which a lot of people
> defended the rare yet strong Lisp job market, but I am not looking for
> something permanent (yet).

i just vacated a lisp-related gig at scripps (la jolla, ca, usa).  you may
wish to talk to my former boss there to continue the work.  if interested,
please reply privately and i will send you his address.  i recommend this
gig to students since scripps is full of them (but very few know how to
program well :-).

thi