From: John L. Gordon
Subject: What has happened to Harlequin LISP?
Does anyone know what is happening to Harlequin LISP (I know the name has
changed)?
We use this version and are happy with it but it has been a long time since
improvements were made. I would consider a change to another LISP but the
free run time for Harlequin LISP makes life much simpler for us. Being able
to produce software for distribution without worries is a big positive
point.
John.
John L. Gordon
www.nwaiag.com

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: What has happened to Harlequin LISP?
In article <············@news.airtime.co.uk>, "John L. Gordon"
<········@nwaiag.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know what is happening to Harlequin LISP (I know the name has
> changed)?
> We use this version and are happy with it but it has been a long time since
> improvements were made. I would consider a change to another LISP but the
> free run time for Harlequin LISP makes life much simpler for us. Being able
> to produce software for distribution without worries is a big positive
> point.
> John.
> John L. Gordon
> www.nwaiag.com

Maybe you should ask Xanalys (which are now the home of LispWorks).
Contact information should be available on their web site:

http://www.xanalys.com/

--
Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
From: Guy Footring

Changed to Xanalys (www.xanalys.com).

> We use this version and are happy with it but it has been a long time since
> improvements were made.

The last patches to LWW4.1 were released in February (patch bundle 19).
There have been comments from Xanalys about a new major release coming (I
think in this newsgroup, but also elsewhere), but no timeframe for it yet.
Support is still very active and is excellent (IMHO).

>                          I would consider a change to another LISP but the
> free run time for Harlequin LISP makes life much simpler for us. Being able
> to produce software for distribution without worries is a big positive
> point.

This is a big plus for us too.

From: Christopher Browne
In our last episode (Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:00:34 +0100),
the artist formerly known as John L. Gordon said:
>Does anyone know what is happening to Harlequin LISP (I know the name has
>changed)?
>We use this version and are happy with it but it has been a long time since
>improvements were made. I would consider a change to another LISP but the
>free run time for Harlequin LISP makes life much simpler for us. Being able
>to produce software for distribution without worries is a big positive

Take a look at:
<http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/products/>
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" ·@" "acm.org")