From: Andrej Bondar
Subject: emacs vs common lisp
I wont to start my private AI project
and think about basis elisp+emacs or common lisp

My point is to have system for growing up continually

I think that
1)common lisp have better organized as logic

2) elisp have not such power as common lisp but Emacs is very big system
and is very good and so on ...

What is bate power of lisp or power of Emacs?

From: ·····@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: emacs vs common lisp
Andrej Bondar <········@jota-logistik.de> writes:

> I wont to start my private AI project
> and think about basis elisp+emacs or common lisp

If your AI program is anything even remotely substantial, don't use
elisp.  Use CL. CMUCL or CLISP will do you just fine.

The stuff you get w/ elisp is not goingto make the big difference to
the heart of any AI project.

dave
From: Andrej Bondar
> The stuff you get w/ elisp is not goingto make the big difference to
> the heart of any AI project.

I think that is correct to ask what is the heart of any AI project?
From: Nils Goesche
Andrej Bondar <········@jota-logistik.de> writes:

> > The stuff you get w/ elisp is not goingto make the big difference to
> > the heart of any AI project.
>
> I think that is correct to ask what is the heart of any AI project?

Writing a Lisp program that outputs the answer to such questions?
--
Nils Goesche
From: Andrej Bondar
Nils Goesche schrieb:

> Andrej Bondar <········@jota-logistik.de> writes:
>
> > > The stuff you get w/ elisp is not goingto make the big difference to
> > > the heart of any AI project.
> >
> > I think that is correct to ask what is the heart of any AI project?
>
> Writing a Lisp program that outputs the answer to such questions?

May be. But if that programm attempt to write anothe programm,(as you make
it) that answe that question?
From: Nils Goesche
Andrej Bondar <········@jota-logistik.de> writes:

> Nils Goesche schrieb:

> > > I think that is correct to ask what is the heart of any AI project?
> >
> > Writing a Lisp program that outputs the answer to such questions?
>
> May be. But if that programm attempt to write anothe programm,(as you make
> it) that answe that question?

Ah, we already know where this ends.  The answer will be 42 and nobody
will be any wiser.  Don't repeat the mistakes of the past.
--
Nils Goesche