From: ······@my-deja.com
Subject: idaho
I was just perusing the aesthetic vomitus that is my code and wondering
why I�ve been feeling so listless and disconsolate lately; but I always
knew.  I miss Mr. Naggum�s and Mr. Pitman�s lovely, lovely posts.  I
suppose as a lurker I shouldn�t say anything, but I�m quiet because I�m
ignorant and not because I�m mean.

Those of you who work at MIT or Rice or who can flit between SIGS may
wonder, �What�s the big deal?�  But I�m employed in a database dungeon,
surrounded by devious and horrible system analysts mouths gaping open
spilling three letter anachronisms.  For me (for whom knowledge is
precious), the exchange of Lisp lore is far more important than any
self-inflicted pettiness or professional reserve.

I suppose I can re-live the past year with Deja.  But soon even that
will be gone.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

From: ····@my-deja.com
Subject: Re: idaho
In article <···········@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  ······@my-deja.com wrote:
> I was just perusing the aesthetic vomitus that is my code and >
wondering
> why I?ve been feeling so listless and disconsolate lately; but I
always
> knew.  I miss Mr. Naggum?s and Mr. Pitman?s lovely, lovely posts.  I
> suppose as a lurker I shouldn?t say anything, but I?m quiet because
I?m
> ignorant and not because I?m mean.
>
> Those of you who work at MIT or Rice or who can flit between SIGS may
> wonder, ?What?s the big deal??  But I?m employed in a database
dungeon,
> surrounded by devious and horrible system analysts mouths gaping open
> spilling three letter anachronisms.  For me (for whom knowledge is
> precious), the exchange of Lisp lore is far more important than any
> self-inflicted pettiness or professional reserve.
>
> I suppose I can re-live the past year with Deja.  But soon even that
> will be gone.

I feel exactly the same way.  Mr. Naggum, Mr. Pitman!  Would you PLEASE
come back?  Your fans are missing you!
--
sB1n

From: Johan Kullstam
····@my-deja.com writes:

> In article <···········@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   ······@my-deja.com wrote:
> > I was just perusing the aesthetic vomitus that is my code and >
> wondering
> > why I?ve been feeling so listless and disconsolate lately; but I
> always
> > knew.  I miss Mr. Naggum?s and Mr. Pitman?s lovely, lovely posts.  I
> > suppose as a lurker I shouldn?t say anything, but I?m quiet because
> I?m
> > ignorant and not because I?m mean.
> >
> > Those of you who work at MIT or Rice or who can flit between SIGS may
> > wonder, ?What?s the big deal??  But I?m employed in a database
> dungeon,
> > surrounded by devious and horrible system analysts mouths gaping open
> > spilling three letter anachronisms.  For me (for whom knowledge is
> > precious), the exchange of Lisp lore is far more important than any
> > self-inflicted pettiness or professional reserve.
> >
> > I suppose I can re-live the past year with Deja.  But soon even that
> > will be gone.
>
> I feel exactly the same way.  Mr. Naggum, Mr. Pitman!  Would you PLEASE
> come back?  Your fans are missing you!

please be patient.  i am sure they will be back when they have
something to say or see something upon which they deem worthwhile to
comment.

--
J o h a n  K u l l s t a m
[········@ne.mediaone.net]