From: Giscard Biamby
Subject: school specific version of LISP in linux, can't load .scm files
From: Christopher Browne
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw a time when Giscard Biamby would say:
>Hi, I am a student at UC Berkeley, and I have installed a program called
>"scm" onto my linux partition (mandrake 6.1). THe program works, but i can't
>get it to load .scm files. THe command onthe computers in the labs at school
>is :
>(load "filename.scm")
>but that doesn't seem to work. I don't really know much about linux either,
>can  you guys help me out? thanks

Firstly, you might want to take this to comp.lang.scheme, as it is quite
evident that you are looking to the Scheme dialect.  I have changed
followup to there in view of that.

The most likely problem is path-related.

You might want to try:
  (load "/home/myid/wherever/filename.scm")
(where you replace everything that doesn't look like the full
path to filename.scm)

You might try the function:
(getenv "PWD")
which could show where the system thinks its "present" directory
is.  That works for me with both MzScheme and Guile; it's worth a
shot with SCM.
--
········@acm.org - <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/scheme.html>
"The entire structure of the antitrust statutes in this country is a