From: Chris Double
Subject: Corman Lisp Multiprocessing and telnet-listener package available
For those who use Corman Common Lisp I've made a couple of packages
available that might be of use.

The first is a multiprocessing package which emulates some of the
functionality of the Allegro CL multiprocessing package.

You can create processes, view a list of running processes, suspend or
resume them using 'run-reasons' and 'arrest-reasons', etc. It is
complete enough to allow some of the multiprocessing potions of
AllegroServe to run on Corman Lisp.

The second package is a telnet-listener package. It allows running a
background process in the lisp session that listens for telnet
requests. It then spawns a process to handle the telnet connection
running a simple lisp listener over that connection. Multiple telnet
sessions can exist. Useful for getting into a lisp session where the
main thread has hung or is busy doing some other task.

I've also managed to get AllegroServe (common lisp web server) working
with Corman Lisp. I'm tidying up some of the packages I wrote to get
it working (like the multiprocessing package above) and will make them
available soon.

The new packages are available at http://www.double.co.nz/cl

Enjoy!

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/cl

From: David Bakhash
Chris Double <·····@double.co.nz> writes:

> I've also managed to get AllegroServe (common lisp web server)
> working with Corman Lisp.

This is good news, and you should inform the AllegroServe maintainers
to incorporate your additions to the sourceforge repository at:

http://allegroserve.sourceforge.net

It would be nice to see AllegroServe work with other CLs.

dave
From: Chris Double
David Bakhash <·····@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> This is good news, and you should inform the AllegroServe maintainers
> to incorporate your additions to the sourceforge repository at:
>
> http://allegroserve.sourceforge.net

Yep, I've posted a note on the forum there asking if they are
interested in portability contributions.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/cl
From: David Bakhash
Chris Double <·····@double.co.nz> writes:

> David Bakhash <·····@alum.mit.edu> writes:
>
> > This is good news, and you should inform the AllegroServe maintainers
> > to incorporate your additions to the sourceforge repository at:
> >
> > http://allegroserve.sourceforge.net
>
> Yep, I've posted a note on the forum there asking if they are
> interested in portability contributions.
>
> http://www.double.co.nz/cl

Honestly, chris...

looking at what you've done here with Corman Lisp, it looks like
you've made it much easier to work with it.  when I'd first saw the :TH
package in Corman Lisp, I wondered why it looked so different from the
LispWorks/ACL/Genera way about it, and was discouraged from using it.
However, with that addition, it becomes much easier to work with, and
good timing (I was *just* looking for a useful implementation of CL on
MS Windows to use for a project).  I think I'll give Corman Lisp a
shot.

thanks SO much.

dave

(p.s. It's probably even more important to send Roger Corman your
      updates than what I said before about updating AllegroServe).
From: Reini Urban
Chris Double wrote:
>For those who use Corman Common Lisp I've made a couple of packages
>available that might be of use.

good place to announce a file, which I recently seperated:

cltl2.lisp is similar to naggum's and corman's hyperspec.lisp. it hooks
up the browser to the correct location (local or net. I use the htmlhelp
file cltl2.chm).
it works only with the cormanlisp DOCUMENTATION implementation but
should be simple to use for other lisps as well. aah, and i fixed the
console to support documentation.
emacs or ilisp I'll do later. for ilisp I made some patches but this is
still very harsh.
  http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/lisp/cormanlisp/

and another one for xemacs hackers: (wrong newsgroup, I know, but over
there is silence)
anyone cares to fix my xemacs win32 emodules? (ole registry htmlhelp)
I'm mentally blocked for some months now.
  http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/lsp_tools/ntemacs/emodules/
could be useful to have.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/news/faq/autolisp.html
From: Roger Corman
On 16 Sep 2000 10:27:19 +1200, Chris Double <·····@double.co.nz>
wrote:

>For those who use Corman Common Lisp I've made a couple of packages
>available that might be of use.

This is great, Chris. I look forward to using these packages.
Thanks!

Roger Corman

·····@corman.net