From: Sowmya
Subject: programming blackjack in LISP
i need some help programming black jack in LISP.. i'm a total amateur
programmer.. getting a bit desperate right now..

this is the description of the project
http://www-inst.EECS.Berkeley.EDU/~cs61a/proj/21.html

it's due monday 9/18.. please help!!

thanks

From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Re: programming blackjack in LISP
Sowmya <·······@uclink4.berkeley.edu> writes:

> i need some help programming black jack in LISP.. i'm a total amateur
> programmer.. getting a bit desperate right now..
>
> this is the description of the project
> http://www-inst.EECS.Berkeley.EDU/~cs61a/proj/21.html
>
> it's due monday 9/18.. please help!!

Sorry but I don't have time to get you a copy of the answers.  Maybe
your teacher has them ready at hand for you and will give you his/her
copy of the answers so that you can just turn them back in and still
be on time.

Then again, MAYBE he or she wants you to do the problem yourself.

HINT: If you want help from this forum, it's best to first make an
attempt and then post specific questions about problems you are
having.  We don't have a lot of patience for people who just want
their homework done for them.  What value is that to us, to you, or to
the world?  Homework has no point if not done by the person taking the
class.
From: Rob Warnock
Kent M Pitman  <······@world.std.com> wrote:
+---------------
| Sowmya <·······@uclink4.berkeley.edu> writes:
| > i need some help programming black jack in LISP...
|
| Sorry but I don't have time to get you a copy of the answers.  Maybe
| your teacher has them ready at hand...
+---------------

Her teacher, Brian Harvey (yes, that one), already caught & dealt with
this on comp.lang.scheme.

"Move along folks, nothing to see here..."

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock, 41L-955		····@sgi.com
Network Engineering		http://reality.sgi.com/rpw3/
Silicon Graphics, Inc.		Phone: 650-933-1673
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy.		PP-ASEL-IA
Mountain View, CA  94043
From: vsync
Sowmya <·······@uclink4.berkeley.edu> writes:

> i need some help programming black jack in LISP.. i'm a total amateur
> programmer.. getting a bit desperate right now..
>
> this is the description of the project
> http://www-inst.EECS.Berkeley.EDU/~cs61a/proj/21.html
>
> it's due monday 9/18.. please help!!

Hrm.  I'm fairly new at Lisp myself, but I'd be happy to try helping.
On which step are you stuck?  What approach have you tried already?
What errors are you getting?

--
vsync
http://quadium.net/
From: David Bakhash
Sowmya <·······@uclink4.berkeley.edu> writes:

> i need some help programming black jack in LISP.. i'm a total amateur
> programmer.. getting a bit desperate right now..
>
> this is the description of the project
> http://www-inst.EECS.Berkeley.EDU/~cs61a/proj/21.html

It's better to ask for an extension and actually try to do the project
than to cheat yourself out of doing it.

most profs will deduct points for this, but as long as you've done it,
you've done it, and the actual lessons knowledge from doing it will be
the same.

dave
From: Don Geddis
On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:32:21 -0700, Sowmya <·······@uclink4.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> i need some help programming black jack in LISP..
> this is the description of the project
> http://www-inst.EECS.Berkeley.EDU/~cs61a/proj/21.html
> it's due monday 9/18.. please help!!

You know, I think what's most upsetting is not merely your attempt to cheat
at homework, but the fact that you were so darn lazy in your cheating effort.

Couldn't you at least have copied the description of the project into your
posting?  That way, people that wanted to help you cheat might have been able
to pretend for a short while that this was really a legitimate question.

But there you go, forcing us to follow the pointer to the CS61A class at
Berkeley.  Kind of tough to go all the way there while maintaining the
cognitive dissonance necessary to help a cheater.

My advice: next time, devote more attention to the quality of your cheating,
and you may get farther.
Don Geddis                    http://shop.goto.com              ······@goto.com
VP of Technology, GoTo Shopping                              Phone 650-403-2220
1820 Gateway Drive, Suite 300, San Mateo, CA 94404             Fax 650-403-2201
I don't pretend to have all the answers.  I don't pretend to even know what the
questions are.  Hey, where am I?  -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey