From: Mario Lang
Subject: CL-HTTP (GWL) and CLISP?? Free impl. mixmatch
Hmm.

I am playing with Common Music and CLM from Stanford.
Because I use CM on top of CLM, I need CLISP, because
CMUCL is no longer supported in CM-2.0 and the author
thinks CMUCL itself is not as good as CLISP (perhaps he is right,
perhaps someone other here can proove him/us wrong).

I wanted to play with GWL (gwl.sourceforge.net) to create a
kind of html-interface to CM processes.
Hmm, GWL needs CL-HTTP, which itself only runs under CMUCL.
So, Am I stuck, or is there a way out?

I see two ways:
CM could be rather easily ported to CMUCL. Does anyone have
a URL prooving that CMUCL is still a good choice which
I could show to the CM author?

Or does anyone know efforts to make CL-HTTP CLISP compatible?

OR, are there any other GWL/GDL like solutions on CGI
basis, which I could use to experiment with CM/CLM/CLISP with Apache
or something else as server?

   Mario <·····@delysid.org>
Homepage(s): http://delysid.org | http://piss.at/

Sometimes, learning Acronyms is more important than any other thing.
From: Anders Vinjar
Subject: Re: CL-HTTP (GWL) and CLISP?? Free impl. mixmatch
>>> "ML" == Mario Lang <·····@home.delysid.org> writes:

    ML> Hmm.  I am playing with Common Music and CLM from
    ML> Stanford.  Because I use CM on top of CLM, I need CLISP,
    ML> because CMUCL is no longer supported in CM-2.0 and the
    ML> author thinks CMUCL itself is not as good as CLISP

These things were ported to CmuCL on sgis some years ago, and ran
until relatively recent times.  It should not be too big a
problem to get at least the core of the new versions of these
systems running again in cmucl.