From: ·······@cad.strath.ac.uk
Subject: nice and powerful editor for beginner?
Hello,

I am looking for a nice and powerful editor for MCL.
Of course, Fred window is getting powerful but something missing
compare with BBEdit.... right?
I downloaded Xemacs, but it looks too complicated...
I am afraid to find and remember tons of shortcut keys.... =(
BBEdit is very nice. Nice interface and easy to use, and still powerful...
But although it support 15 languages... but not lisp. ;(
Anyone recommend me a suitable editor for MCL beginner?

Sungwoo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

From: Espen Vestre
Subject: Re: nice and powerful editor for beginner?
·······@cad.strath.ac.uk writes:

> Anyone recommend me a suitable editor for MCL beginner?

give FRED a try, it might be more powerful than you think, and check
for the fred contributions at ftp.digitool.com!
Remember: FRED can be customized in CLOS, and in this respect it's
far better than Emacs or BBEdit...
--
  (espen)
From: ·······@my-deja.com
In article <··············@wallace.ws.nextra.no>,
  Espen Vestre <·····@*do-not-spam-me*.vestre.net> wrote:
> ·······@cad.strath.ac.uk writes:
>
> > Anyone recommend me a suitable editor for MCL beginner?
>
> give FRED a try, it might be more powerful than you think, and check
> for the fred contributions at ftp.digitool.com!
> Remember: FRED can be customized in CLOS, and in this respect it's
> far better than Emacs or BBEdit...
> --
>   (espen)

Thanx =)

From: Matthieu Villeneuve
·······@cad.strath.ac.uk wrote:
> I am looking for a nice and powerful editor for MCL.

Emacs.
Of course, you may need to take a few hours to learn how to use it well,
but once you know it I really doubt you want to use another editor...

--
Matthieu Villeneuve
Tumbleweed Communications Corp.