From: ·······@cad.strath.ac.uk
Subject: Design-dialog? (MCL)
Hello,

I loaded 'interface toolkit' on MCL 4.0,
but can't see design-dialog palette.
It loaded as below.

I can edit menubar, and edit dialog, print source... but can't see
design-dialog palette. In the reference, that palette should be displayed
when I open new dialog. something is missing about loading? I checked every
file in interface folder, but seems no problem... What's wrong?

Sungwoo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Design-dialog? (MCL)
In article <············@nnrp1.deja.com>, ·······@cad.strath.ac.uk
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I loaded 'interface toolkit' on MCL 4.0,
> but can't see design-dialog palette.
> It loaded as below.

> I can edit menubar, and edit dialog, print source... but can't see
> design-dialog palette. In the reference, that palette should be displayed
> when I open new dialog. something is missing about loading? I checked every
> file in interface folder, but seems no problem... What's wrong?
>
> Sungwoo
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Get the following patch:
<ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/mcl/patches/windoid-patch-2.lisp>

Compile it first before loading.

--
Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
From: ·······@my-deja.com
Subject: Oops..

> Get the following patch:
> <ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/mcl/patches/windoid-patch-2.lisp>
>
> Compile it first before loading.
>
> --
> Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
> Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
> Web: http://corporate-world.lisp.de/

Oops~ I see. Thanx. =)
There are some more patches.... are they all for MCL 4.0 as well?
Or just for 4.3?

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Oops..
In article <············@nnrp1.deja.com>, ·······@my-deja.com wrote:

> > Get the following patch:
> > <ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/mcl/patches/windoid-patch-2.lisp>
> >
> > Compile it first before loading.
> >
> > --
> > Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
> > Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
> > Web: http://corporate-world.lisp.de/
> >

> Oops~ I see. Thanx. =)
> There are some more patches.... are they all for MCL 4.0 as well?
> Or just for 4.3?

Maybe. There is a MCL 4.0 directory. You might check that
and maybe other stuff is interesting as well.

Anyway, MCL 4.0 is quite old. The current version MCL 4.3 has
a lot of bug fixes and improvements, compared to MCL 4.0.
If you are seriously using MCL, getting MCL 4.3 should
be worth it. Or you might want to wait for the next
version, which is in the works and will be compatible with
MacOS X. But don't hold your breath for that - a release
of a final MacOS X is some months away.

Btw., MCL users usually exclusively communicate via a mailing
list (Info-MCL). Check out
http://www.digitool.com/contact.html#discussion-forum
how to get on this list. There you will find all
the MCL experts. A gateway from news:comp.lang.lisp.mcl
is *not* working.

Rainer Joswig

From: ·······@my-deja.com
> Maybe. There is a MCL 4.0 directory. You might check that
> and maybe other stuff is interesting as well.

Ok, I check it out now. =)

> Anyway, MCL 4.0 is quite old. The current version MCL 4.3 has
> a lot of bug fixes and improvements, compared to MCL 4.0.
> If you are seriously using MCL, getting MCL 4.3 should
> be worth it. Or you might want to wait for the next
> version, which is in the works and will be compatible with
> MacOS X. But don't hold your breath for that - a release
> of a final MacOS X is some months away.

I am sure that 4.3 has a lot of improvement. I use MCL for my project, so
definately I will upgrade it. But maybe after next version comes... (I bought
4.0 for my project four years ago, but now I use it.. funny.. isn't it?)

> Btw., MCL users usually exclusively communicate via a mailing
> list (Info-MCL). Check out
> http://www.digitool.com/contact.html#discussion-forum
> how to get on this list. There you will find all
> the MCL experts. A gateway from news:comp.lang.lisp.mcl
> is *not* working.

Thanx!! I have one more question...
There are two version as digest, and individual.
Which one is propoer one for the beginner?
Thanx again. =)

From: Rainer Joswig
In article <············@nnrp1.deja.com>, ·······@my-deja.com wrote:

> I am sure that 4.3 has a lot of improvement. I use MCL for my project, so
> definately I will upgrade it. But maybe after next version comes... (I bought
> 4.0 for my project four years ago, but now I use it.. funny.. isn't it?)

It's never too late for a bit of Lisp programming.

> > Btw., MCL users usually exclusively communicate via a mailing
> > list (Info-MCL). Check out
> > http://www.digitool.com/contact.html#discussion-forum
> > how to get on this list. There you will find all
> > the MCL experts. A gateway from news:comp.lang.lisp.mcl
> > is *not* working.
>
> Thanx!! I have one more question...
> There are two version as digest, and individual.
> Which one is propoer one for the beginner?

"Digest" means that you'll get a summary mail each day. "Individual"
means that each mail will be "instantly" forwarded to you.
The latter sometimes can be too much traffic - sometimes
for some people. It's really depending how you want to
read your mail.