From: MB
Subject: Lisp Interpreter in C
Anybody know where I might find a C interpreter for LISP?  Thanks.
-Mike

From: Thom Goodsell
Subject: Re: Lisp Interpreter in C
MB <·········@aol.com> writes:
> Anybody know where I might find a C interpreter for LISP?  Thanks.
> -Mike

Did you want an interpreter for Lisp, written in C?  Or an interpreter
for C, written in Lisp?  The subject and body of your message suggest
different things.

Thom

P.S.  If you want the former, you might take a look at Clisp.
http://clisp.cons.org/

--
Thom Goodsell                           ···@cra.com
Scientist                       (617) 491-3474 x574
From: MB
An interpreter for LISP written in C.  Sorry for any confusion.
-Mike

From: The Glauber
In article <·················@aol.com>,
  MB <·········@aol.com> wrote:
> An interpreter for LISP written in C.  Sorry for any confusion.

CLISP is probably the best one, and you can find links to it and some others
here: http://www.alu.org/table/systems.htm#unixfree

--
Glauber Ribeiro
··········@my-deja.com    http://www.myvehiclehistoryreport.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
From: Marco Antoniotti
MB <·········@aol.com> writes:

> An interpreter for LISP written in C.  Sorry for any confusion.
> -Mike

Well, you can get an interpreter *and* a compiler written in C for
Common Lisp.

http://clisp.cons.org/
http://www.cons.org/cmucl

Cheers

--
Marco Antoniotti =============================================================
NYU Bioinformatics Group			 tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <···············@octagon.mrl.nyu.edu>, Marco Antoniotti
<·······@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

> MB <·········@aol.com> writes:
>
> > An interpreter for LISP written in C.  Sorry for any confusion.
> > -Mike
>
> Well, you can get an interpreter *and* a compiler written in C for
> Common Lisp.
>
> http://clisp.cons.org/
> http://www.cons.org/cmucl

CLISP, yes.

But, AFAIK, CMUCL is not written in C and doesn't compile to C.

More info about Common Lisp implementations:

http://www.lisp.org/table/systems.htm

--
Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
From: Raymond Toy

    Rainer> In article <···············@octagon.mrl.nyu.edu>, Marco Antoniotti
    Rainer> <·······@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

    >> MB <·········@aol.com> writes:
    >>
    >> > An interpreter for LISP written in C.  Sorry for any confusion.
    >> > -Mike
    >>
    >> Well, you can get an interpreter *and* a compiler written in C for
    >> Common Lisp.
    >>
    >> http://clisp.cons.org/
    >> http://www.cons.org/cmucl

    Rainer> CLISP, yes.

    Rainer> But, AFAIK, CMUCL is not written in C and doesn't compile to C.

What does "interpreter for LISP written in C" really mean anyway?
All of the interpreter in C?  Just enough to interpret enough Lisp
code to write more lisp code to implement the rest of Lisp?

Clisp has a lot in C, but a lot of it is in Lisp too.  Same with CMUCL
(albeit very much less in C and very much more in Lisp).

Ray
From: Erik Naggum
* MB <·········@aol.com>
| An interpreter for LISP written in C.  Sorry for any confusion.

  Why on earth do you want that?  It's such a specific request you
  must know what you're asking for, but I have to wonder what the
  question was when "a Lisp interpreter in C" is the answer."

#:Erik
--
  I agree with everything you say, but I would
  attack to death your right to say it.