From: Arseny Slobodjuck
Subject: clisp is wrongp
CMU CL: (loop for i from 1 to 10 (print i))
CLTL2:  (loop for i from 1 to 10 (print i))
CLISP:  (loop for i from 1 to 10 do (print i))

Why I have to use 'do' in CLISP, it seems non-standard ?

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: clisp is wrongp
Arseny Slobodjuck <····@crosswinds.net> writes:

> CMU CL: (loop for i from 1 to 10 (print i))
> CLTL2:  (loop for i from 1 to 10 (print i))
> CLISP:  (loop for i from 1 to 10 do (print i))
>
> Why I have to use 'do' in CLISP, it seems non-standard ?

per HyperSpec, all clauses in the extended form of Loop need to start
with a keyword, unless I missed a [...] somewhere.  though I guess it
would be quite unambiguous to assume 'do' when the keyword is missing.

so CLISP seems rightp here.

--
(only legal replies to this address are accepted)

The only thing better than TV with the sound off is Radio with the sound
off.
                -- Dave Moon
From: ·················@p16.f41.n5045.z2.fidonet.org
Arseny Slobodjuck <····@crosswinds.net> wrote:

> CMU CL: (loop for i from 1 to 10 (print i))
> CLTL2:  (loop for i from 1 to 10 (print i))
> CLISP:  (loop for i from 1 to 10 do (print i))
>
> Why I have to use 'do' in CLISP, it seems non-standard ?

Ouch... I missed the difference between loop keywords
and lisp forms. We use do ... keyword when we need to
evaluate something. But we never use do for another loop
keyword.

Comparing to lisp there no loops in C at all...