From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: MK-DEFSYSTEM, CL-ENVIRONMENT, and CL-CONFIGURATION.
Hi

I put up for download newly packaged versions of the following
packages:

	MK-DEFSYSTEM
	CL-ENVIRONMENT
	CL-CONFIGURATION

They are all available in the CLOCC at Sourceforge

	https://sourceforge.net/projects/clocc/

Just hit the "Download" button on the left of each package entry and
take it from there.  I provided .tgz and .zip versions of each.  The
MK-DEFSYSTEM tarball/zipfile is kinda redundant, but I had to
circumvent a Sourceforge error.

MK-DEFSYSTEM is the only truly portable and currently maintained
DEFSYS around.

CL-ENVIRONMENT is a package pretty much in the spirit of Sonya Keens's
example in her book "OO Programming in CL".  It provides an
"objectified" way to represent some implementation dependent
information.  As such, it may be used in conjunction with a DEFSYS
utility to provide "implementation dependent" code in a "#+/-" free
way.

CL-CONFIGURATION is an 'autoconf' for CL.  At a minimum it can help a
user to set up and configure Logical Pathnames for a given application
in a system dependent way (yet without read-time conditionals).  A
"configuration" can also be set up in such a way to check for
application dependencies on packages (i.e. does FIND-PACKAGE return
NIL?), "modules" (and set up the appropriate REQUIRE calls) and on
"defsys" forms (currently supported - although not throughly tested:
MK-DEFSYSTEM, PCL-DEFSYS, ACL DEFSYSTEM and Lispwoks DEFSYSTEM; please
contribute missing ones and check for inconsistencies).

MK-DEFSYSTEM is relatively stable. CL-ENVIRONMENT is (IMHO) stable as
well.  CL-CONFIGURATION may need work.

MK-DEFSYSTEM has a DFSG compliant license.  CL-ENVIRONMENT and
CL-CONFIGURATION are released under the LGPL.

Please check these packages out.  Discussion about them should happen
on ···········@lists.sourceforge.net'.

One is glad to be of help.

Cheers

--
Marco Antoniotti =============================================================
From: Marco Antoniotti
Marco Antoniotti <·······@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> Hi
>
> I put up for download newly packaged versions of the following
> packages:
>
> 	MK-DEFSYSTEM
> 	CL-ENVIRONMENT
> 	CL-CONFIGURATION
>
> They are all available in the CLOCC at Sourceforge
>
> 	https://sourceforge.net/projects/clocc/
>
> Just hit the "Download" button on the left of each package entry and
> take it from there.  I provided .tgz and .zip versions of each.  The
> MK-DEFSYSTEM tarball/zipfile is kinda redundant, but I had to
> circumvent a Sourceforge error.
>
> MK-DEFSYSTEM is the only truly portable and currently maintained
> DEFSYS around.

Of course, what I meant is that, AFAIK, it is the only DEFSYS that has
*both* characteristics. :) Of course, I may be wrong. :)

Cheers

--
NYU Bioinformatics Group			 tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488