From: Mario Frasca
Subject: profiling and trampolines (ACL)
as you already noticed from my previous post, I can't get along
very well with the documentation from Allegro.

I am trying to start profiling an application I have here...
it is compiled, but the information I get from the profiler is not
as informative as I had expected.  can you help me out?

I think that the first two 'profiler error's are related to the
"(lisp-trampolines)" and anyhow, I would like to know how to
eliminate them.

USER(151): (prof:show-flat-profile)
profiler error: couldn't find .text section
profiler error: couldn't find .text section
Sampling stopped after 31411 samples taken for the time profiler.

Sample represents 309.9 seconds of processor time (out of a total of 309.9)

Times below 1.0% will be suppressed.

  %     %     self  total            self   total  Function
 Time  Cum.   secs   secs    calls ms/call ms/call   name
 17.0  17.0   52.7   52.7                          "(lisp-trampolines)"
<<(the rest is useful information)

thanks in advance,
Mario Frasca.