From: Eric Williams
Subject: CL interpreter for Windows CE?
Hello all :)

Are there any good CL interpreters for Windows CE 2.10 running on the
MIPS architecture?  If not, are there any good interpreters written in
Java?

I'm not looking for a commercial-quality compiler necessarily.  I'd
just like to be able to write and run small programs while I'm "on the
road".

Thanks in advance.

Eric Williams

P.S.  I am very much a newbie to Lisp (introduced in my AI courses),
but the more I learn about it, the more I like it.  :)

From: David Bakhash
Subject: Re: CL interpreter for Windows CE?
Eric Williams <·········@pobox.com> writes:

> I'm not looking for a commercial-quality compiler necessarily.  I'd
> just like to be able to write and run small programs while I'm "on the
> road".

I guess a laptop is out of the question?

I've never heard of such a CL system that ran on CE.  Of course, it's
not impossible, and there is at least one Scheme implementation for CE
out there:

http://www.angrygraycat.com/scheme/pscheme.htm

dave
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis
In article <··································@4ax.com>, Eric Williams wrote:
>Hello all :)
>
>Are there any good CL interpreters for Windows CE 2.10 running on the
>MIPS architecture?  If not, are there any good interpreters written in
>Java?
>
>I'm not looking for a commercial-quality compiler necessarily.  I'd
>just like to be able to write and run small programs while I'm "on the
>road".

You could run NetBSD on the machine (see the hpcmips port, I think (caveat
legens, I haven't actually used the port)) and then get clisp to run on it
(there is a package for it, but it might take some work to get it to run on
non-i386 platforms). Additionally there are several scheme packages in the
tree.

--
-Simon Raahauge DeSantis