From: William Barnett-Lewis
Subject: WTB Venue Medley Lisp for Sun 3
I am interested in trying to find a copy of this system for my Sun 3/80.
If anyone is willing to part with the tapes, please let me know.

Thank you.

William Barnett-Lewis
······@mailbag.com

From: Bob Bane
Subject: Re: WTB Venue Medley Lisp for Sun 3
William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

> I am interested in trying to find a copy of this system for my Sun 3/80.
> If anyone is willing to part with the tapes, please let me know.

Venue, the Medley developers, are not dead:

http://Top2bottom.net/venue.html

--
Remove obvious stuff to e-mail me.
Bob Bane
From: Kent M Pitman
Bob Bane <····@removeme.gst.com> writes:

> William Barnett-Lewis wrote:
> >
> > I am interested in trying to find a copy of this system for my Sun 3/80.
> > If anyone is willing to part with the tapes, please let me know.
> >
> Venue, the Medley developers, are not dead:
>
> http://Top2bottom.net/venue.html

Perhaps the ALU page on "Related Languages" should include this pointer.
(hint to whoever maintains that page..)
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <···············@world.std.com>, Kent M Pitman
<······@world.std.com> wrote:

> Bob Bane <····@removeme.gst.com> writes:
>
> > William Barnett-Lewis wrote:
> > >
> > > I am interested in trying to find a copy of this system for my Sun 3/80.
> > > If anyone is willing to part with the tapes, please let me know.
> > >
> > Venue, the Medley developers, are not dead:
> >
> > http://Top2bottom.net/venue.html
>
> Perhaps the ALU page on "Related Languages" should include this pointer.
> (hint to whoever maintains that page..)

IIRC Medley also consists of a Common Lisp implementation (Xexox Common Lisp,
I guess an old CLtL1) - so it should end up in the list of CL
implementations, too.

--
Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
From: Bob Bane
Rainer Joswig wrote:

> IIRC Medley also consists of a Common Lisp implementation (Xexox Common Lisp,
> I guess an old CLtL1) - so it should end up in the list of CL
> implementations, too.

When I lost track of it (1994), Medley was roughly CLtL2 compliant.

From: R Matthew Emerson

> Bob Bane <····@removeme.gst.com> writes:
>
> > Venue, the Medley developers, are not dead:
> >
> > http://Top2bottom.net/venue.html
>
> Perhaps the ALU page on "Related Languages" should include this pointer.
> (hint to whoever maintains that page..)

I updated the entry for Venue and Medley on the ALU web site.
The link is http://www.lisp.org/table/systems.htm#venue

-matt

--
Matt Emerson <···@grc.nasa.gov>
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.
From: William Barnett-Lewis
In article <·················@removeme.gst.com>, Bob Bane
<····@removeme.gst.com> wrote:

> William Barnett-Lewis wrote:
> >
> > I am interested in trying to find a copy of this system for my Sun 3/80.
> > If anyone is willing to part with the tapes, please let me know.
> >
> Venue, the Medley developers, are not dead:
>
> http://Top2bottom.net/venue.html

Ahh. News to me as the last address I had was dead. Thank you.

William