From: Fr�d�ric BEAULIEU
Subject: LISP installation pb
Hi,

I'm trying to install CLisp under Linux (RedHat 7) (kernel 2.2.16).
I've the package for i386 linux libc6.

When i type : "make" at the command line, an error is displayed after the
first "cc -O ..." command then the "make" crashes :

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltermcap

When i try to install the libc5 package, a similar message displays :

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncurses

Any ideas to help me install LISP ? (i REALLY need it !!!)

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: LISP installation pb
> * In message <············@antares.worldonline.fr>
> * On the subject of "LISP installation pb"
> * Sent on Sun, 26 Nov 2000 17:54:46 +0100
> * Honorable "Fr�d�ric BEAULIEU" <·········@iname.com> writes:
>
> I'm trying to install CLisp under Linux (RedHat 7) (kernel 2.2.16).

you might prefer asking such clisp-specific question on a clisp-related
mailing list. please see http://clisp.cons.org.

> I've the package for i386 linux libc6.

where did you get it?

> When i type : "make" at the command line, an error is displayed after the
> first "cc -O ..." command then the "make" crashes :
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltermcap

do you have termcap installed?

> When i try to install the libc5 package, a similar message displays :

where did you get this one?

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncurses

do you have ncusrses installed?

> Any ideas to help me install LISP ? (i REALLY need it !!!)

please download the sources from the aforementioned page and compile
them.  (read INSTALL first).

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
From: Miroslaw Osys
Frederic BEAULIEU <·········@iname.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to install CLisp under Linux (RedHat 7) (kernel 2.2.16).
> I've the package for i386 linux libc6.

> When i type : "make" at the command line, an error is displayed after the
> first "cc -O ..." command then the "make" crashes :

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltermcap

> When i try to install the libc5 package, a similar message displays :

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncurses

> Any ideas to help me install LISP ? (i REALLY need it !!!)

Run ''configure'' before ''make''

			Miroslaw Osys