From: Joachim De Beule
Subject: computer presentation package (off topic.)
Hi all,

this is a bit off topic but there are 2 reasons why I pose my question
here anyway: 1) because I don't know where I SHOULD post the
question and 2) because I tend to think very high of lispers,
especially of comp.lang.lispers :-)

The question is: What software package to use to make a slide show or
presentation on a linux environment? Windows people are _very_ fond of
powerpoint (pp) and (although I hate to admit it) I think it is good
at it.  Is there some kind of pp for linux?  One could use netscape to
make a slide show but then there should be some good interface to
actuallly make it easyer I think...

thanks, Joachim.

From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: Re: computer presentation package (off topic.)
Joachim De Beule wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a bit off topic but there are 2 reasons why I pose my question
> here anyway: 1) because I don't know where I SHOULD post the
> question and 2) because I tend to think very high of lispers,
> especially of comp.lang.lispers :-)
>
> The question is: What software package to use to make a slide show or
> presentation on a linux environment? Windows people are _very_ fond of
> powerpoint (pp) and (although I hate to admit it) I think it is good
> at it.  Is there some kind of pp for linux?  One could use netscape to
> make a slide show but then there should be some good interface to
> actuallly make it easyer I think...

Use StarPresenter of StarOffice or KPresenter of the new KOffice

StarPresenter is much more mature.

Regards
Jochen
From: ········@hex.net
Jochen Schmidt <···@dataheaven.de> writes:
> Joachim De Beule wrote:
> > this is a bit off topic but there are 2 reasons why I pose my question
> > here anyway: 1) because I don't know where I SHOULD post the
> > question and 2) because I tend to think very high of lispers,
> > especially of comp.lang.lispers :-)
> >
> > The question is: What software package to use to make a slide show or
> > presentation on a linux environment? Windows people are _very_ fond of
> > powerpoint (pp) and (although I hate to admit it) I think it is good
> > at it.  Is there some kind of pp for linux?  One could use netscape to
> > make a slide show but then there should be some good interface to
> > actuallly make it easyer I think...
>
> Use StarPresenter of StarOffice or KPresenter of the new KOffice
>
> StarPresenter is much more mature.

ImPress might be an option:
    <http://www.ntlug.org/~ccox/impress/index.html>

It's written in Tcl, so retch/enjoy as you will...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" ·@hex.net")
<http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/>