From: Coby Beck
Subject: siblings of y-or-no-p
Hello!

I am using Allegro 5.01 and often enjoy the convenience of (y-or-no-p) for development
start-up files and such.  I was wondering if there is a similar pre-fab dialog that
would return a string or lisp form when entered into a text box.  It is not really
worth the trouble of creating any new form or having an extra file.....

TIA

Coby

From: Johannes Beck
Subject: Re: siblings of y-or-no-p
Coby Beck wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am using Allegro 5.01 and often enjoy the convenience of (y-or-no-p) for development
> start-up files and such.  I was wondering if there is a similar pre-fab dialog that
> would return a string or lisp form when entered into a text box.  It is not really
> worth the trouble of creating any new form or having an extra file.....
>
> TIA
>
> Coby

Look out for functions with starting with "ask-user-for". There are
several prompts for
text, font, color, directory and files.

Bye,
	Joe

--
Johannes Beck          ·············@arcormail.de
                       http://home.arcor-online-de/johannes.beck/
From: Coby Beck
Johannes Beck <·············@arcormail.de> wrote in message
······················@arcormail.de...
| Coby Beck wrote:
| >
| > Hello!
| >
| > I am using Allegro 5.01 and often enjoy the convenience of (y-or-no-p) for
development
| > start-up files and such.  I was wondering if there is a similar pre-fab dialog that
| > would return a string or lisp form when entered into a text box.  It is not really
| > worth the trouble of creating any new form or having an extra file.....
| Look out for functions with starting with "ask-user-for". There are
| several prompts for
| text, font, color, directory and files.

Thank you kindly, ask-user-for-string fits the bill perfectly!

Coby