From: SRS
Subject: stupid CAPI question
According to Harlequin CAPI documentation the function
    quit-interface <pane>
closes a window. I tried it and it does nothing of the sort.
It simply returns T but the window is still opened
Similarly, the function "destroy" has no apparent effect.
Please help.

--SRS

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

From: Clive Tong
Subject: Re: stupid CAPI question
SRS <·····@my-deja.com> writes:

> According to Harlequin CAPI documentation the function
>     quit-interface <pane>
> closes a window. I tried it and it does nothing of the sort.
> It simply returns T but the window is still opened
> Similarly, the function "destroy" has no apparent effect.
> Please help.

See article 10015 in the Capi section of the knowledge base

http://services.harlequin.com/support/lisp/kbase.ns4/Technical+Documents/Public?OpenView
From: Wade Humeniuk
I assume you are using the MS Windows version of LW.

You cannot destroy (or quit) a window from a different thread.  If you
look at the knowledge base at Xanalys they have a solution.

See

http://services.harlequin.com/support/lisp/kbase.ns4/Technical+Documents/Pub
lic?OpenView

and then expand CAPI section and look at item 10015.

http://services.harlequin.com/support/lisp/kbase.ns4/51fe6e1cdfe748a18025663
9005a2ba9/764b31e4985bcd498525670400530d66?OpenDocument

Wade