From: Jorge A. Tavares
Subject: [ACL IDE] getting a object from a dialog
Hi !

I started to "play" with the ACL5.0 IDE and I�ve got a problem. I'm trying
to make a simple window with two objects in it, a button and a
multi-lne-editable-text. Wahat i want is: each time i press the button, a
message apperas in the multi-line-editable-text. I�ve defined the event

(defun form1-default-button-2-on-click (dialog widget)
   (declare (ignore-if-unused dialog widget))
   (window-message (parent widget) "click!")
   (format ?? "click!"))

but in the ?? place I can't find a function that gives me the
multi-line-editable-text, or as a matter of fact, any object ! I've
searched for a method in the dialog help but nothing so far seems to work.

I know this must be very simple but since I'm a newbie in GUI building
with lisp ... How can i solve this ? Or better, what's the way to select
an object from a window ?

Thanks in advance !
Jorge

--