From: Asle Olufsen
Subject: SHARP-S
Does anyone know if the character macro for #S (structure) is writable
in Lisp?

I tried to write a simle one which worked for most cases but when the
expressions involved #n= and #n#, some of the #n#'s became gensym-values
in ACL.

I tried to look at the source-code for cmucl but got stuck on
something called dd-default-constructor, so my guess is that it isn't
writable.

Oluf
From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: SHARP-S
* Asle Olufsen wrote:
> Does anyone know if the character macro for #S (structure) is writable
> in Lisp?

> I tried to write a simle one which worked for most cases but when the
> expressions involved #n= and #n#, some of the #n#'s became gensym-values
> in ACL.

You can just use READ to snarf the form following #S from the
readmacro, no point in dealing with this yourself!  I think there's
still a problem with knowing what the constructor name is from the
structure name, which you need to find out to create a new instance.

--tim