From: Mark Friedman
Subject: C header files and FFI
Does anyone know of any programs (Lisp or otherwise) which can read an ANSI
C header file (including function prototypes, DEFINE's, struct definitions,
etc.) and output appropriate Common Lisp foreign function interface code.
I'm particularly interested in Allegro's FFI but I'm willing to do the work
to translate from some other Lisp's FFI. I'm familiar with the defctype
stuff included with Allegro in their contrib directory but it is
insufficient.

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

From: David Mittman
Subject: Re: C header files and FFI
Run, don't walk, to ACL's cbind utility. It is part of the ACL 5.x distribution.

From: dave linenberg
David Mittman wrote:

> Run, don't walk, to ACL's cbind utility. It is part of the ACL 5.x distribution.
>
> In article <··········@journal.concentric.net>, "Mark Friedman"
> <········@yahoo.com> wrote:

Where can I get this?  I can't seem to find it in their trial Linux version.
Can this be downloaded from Franz?
Do you have to buy Lisp to enjoy using the utility?

Dave Linenberg
From: David Bakhash
dave linenberg <········@home.com> writes:

> David Mittman wrote:
>
> > Run, don't walk, to ACL's cbind utility. It is part of the ACL 5.x distribution.
> >
> > In article <··········@journal.concentric.net>, "Mark Friedman"
> > <········@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Where can I get this?  I can't seem to find it in their trial Linux version.
> Can this be downloaded from Franz?
> Do you have to buy Lisp to enjoy using the utility?

I think you can get it from Franz's website:

ftp://ftp.franz.com/pub/cbind/

dave
From: dave linenberg
Subject: missing cbind utility for linux
David Bakhash wrote:

> I think you can get it from Franz's website:
>
> ftp://ftp.franz.com/pub/cbind/
>
> dave

Looks like there are versions for the major platforms  (sgi, sun, windows) *excluding*
Linux.  Would anybody at Franz like to post the Linux version ??
Thanks,
Dave
From: Christopher C Stacy
From: SRS
In article <··········@journal.concentric.net>,
  "Mark Friedman" <········@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any programs (Lisp or otherwise) which can read
an ANSI
> C header file (including function prototypes, DEFINE's, struct
definitions,
> etc.) and output appropriate Common Lisp foreign function interface
code.
> I'm particularly interested in Allegro's FFI but I'm willing to do
the work
> to translate from some other Lisp's FFI. I'm familiar with the
defctype
> stuff included with Allegro in their contrib directory but it is
> insufficient.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Mark

Roger Corman's Lisp implementations have a C declaration parser: Take a
look at www.corman.net

--SRS

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.