From: Christopher Browne
Subject: Re: Browsers and e-mail
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw a time when Leslie Mikesell would say:
>In article <····················@ptah.visi.com>,
>Erik Funkenbusch <·····@visi.com> wrote:
>>Leslie Mikesell <···@Mars.mcs.net> wrote in message
>>··················@Mars.mcs.net...
>>> Later??? I have always had a problem trying to view .bat files
>>> from the very first tools that made this mistaken guess about
>>> what to do when someone clicks on their name.
>>
>>Simply right click on the .bat file and choose the edit command.
>
>Is there any way to associate the left mouse button with a
>menu of a small number of choices for certain file types
>instead of only having one default or the cumbersome thing
>that happens with unregistered types?

That is known as "multiple dispatch," and, as a characteristic
capability of CLOS, is obviously so complex as to make peoples' heads
explode.

Any fool company that would implement such would be laughed out of the
marketplace for doing something so stupid as creating flexible
software...
--
Real Programmers are surprised when the odometers in their cars don't
turn from 99999 to A0000.