From: Fernando
Subject: Detecting the IDE
Hi!

	Is there a way to tell if the app is running in the ide or as
a compiled exe? O:-)  I'm using lispworks, btw.

TIA

From: David Allen
Subject: Re: Detecting the IDE
In article <··································@4ax.com>, Fernando
<·······@must.die> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> 	Is there a way to tell if the app is running in the ide or as
> a compiled exe? O:-)  I'm using lispworks, btw.
>
> TIA

Beats me, but you might try to get at one of the variables
inside of the ide (they usually have a lot of variables that
control their look and feel).  If the variable exists and you
can set it, you're in the IDE.  If you're compiled, then you
probably won't have a bunch of ide specific variables
that control the look of the program in there with you.

It might work - I haven't used lispworks, so YMMV
--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/
From: David McClain
Try the following:

    (if (mp:list-all-processes)
        (do-whatever-with-running-ide)
        (do-whatever-with-ide-not-running))

This seems to work because the IDE uses multiple windows, which by
definition means that the multiprocessing stuff is running.

- DM

·················@bob.news.rcn.net...

From: ·····@corman.net
In article <··············@corp.supernews.com>,
  "David McClain" <········@azstarnet.com> wrote:
> Try the following:
>
>     (if (mp:list-all-processes)
>         (do-whatever-with-running-ide)
>         (do-whatever-with-ide-not-running))
>
> This seems to work because the IDE uses multiple windows, which by
> definition means that the multiprocessing stuff is running.
>
> - DM
Assuming he isn't using multiprocessing himself.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
From: David McClain
<·····@corman.net> wrote in message ·················@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <··············@corp.supernews.com>,
>   "David McClain" <········@azstarnet.com> wrote:
> > Try the following:
> >
> >     (if (mp:list-all-processes)
> >         (do-whatever-with-running-ide)
> >         (do-whatever-with-ide-not-running))
> >
> > This seems to work because the IDE uses multiple windows, which by
> > definition means that the multiprocessing stuff is running.
> >
> > - DM
> Assuming he isn't using multiprocessing himself.

This would return non-nil for his own use only after he intentionally starts
up the MP stuff, assuming he isn't running in the IDE. Hence, before
starting any MP stuff on your own, just use the check outlined above....

- DM