From: Jonathan BAILLEUL
Subject: Emacs Question (sorry): Meta key
I am sorry to bother you with this off-topic question, but I really
tried to get answers from emacs newgroup beforehand...

So: I am using emacs on my university, and my keyboard does not
recognize the L-ALT key as META: I have to use ESC which is heavy for me
(I used to Alt at home).
Does anyone have an Emacs-oriented easy trick (a binding for
instance)for making it work (At my university I will have problems to
perform deep X configurations).

Thank you for your patience.

Jonathan BAILLEUL (········@emi.u-bordeaux.fr)
Maitrise Informatique, Universite Bordeaux I
From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: Emacs Question (sorry): Meta key
Jonathan BAILLEUL <········@emi.u-bordeaux.fr> writes:

> (At my university I will have problems to perform deep X
> configurations).

Fortunately, changing X keybindings isn't deep configuration.  Start
by reading the xmodmap(1) manual.

--

Arvid