From: John Watton
Subject: Searchable ANSI Spec
At one time Franz had a searchable ANSI spec at:

http://www.franz.com/search-ans.html

but it is broken now. I brought this to their attention months ago but
it was not fixed. Other priorities I would guess. In any case I was
wondering if their is another similar site elsewhere on the web?

--
John Watton
Alcoa Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

From: Jason Trenouth
Subject: Re: Searchable ANSI Spec
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:21:50 GMT, John Watton <···········@alcoa.com> wrote:

> At one time Franz had a searchable ANSI spec at:
>
> http://www.franz.com/search-ans.html
>
> but it is broken now. I brought this to their attention months ago but
> it was not fixed. Other priorities I would guess. In any case I was
> wondering if their is another similar site elsewhere on the web?

There's the Common Lisp Hyperspec at:

http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/reference/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/index.html

Although this is not separately searchable you can use the search button on the
Xanalys home page (eg try typing "position-if-not"):

	http://www.xanalys.com

Also, many general Internet search engines let you restrict searches to
particular sites or page roots so the site itself does not need to host its own
search engine.

Finally, the Common LispWorks environment (for LispWorks and Liquid) includes
an integrated searching facility which searches the indicies of the HyperSpec
and the LispWorks manuals (so you can see the CL doc alongside related LW
notes).

__Jason
From: John Watton
Jason Trenouth <·····@harlequin.com> wrote:
> There's the Common Lisp Hyperspec at:

http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/reference/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/index.html

> Although this is not separately searchable you can use the search
button on the
> Xanalys home page (eg try typing "position-if-not"):
>
> http://www.xanalys.com

Thank-you, this was the type of functionality I was looking for.