From: Paul Tarvydas
Subject: Harlequin Q: loading order
Is there a manual I can read regarding the "loading order" of macros &
functions in Harlequin lisp (under NT)?

I'm using a simple file full of "compile-and-load"s to load the various
files into my workspace.  The files contain a mixture of macros,
defparameters and defuns.  The first time I load this file, I get all
sorts of errors and warnings;  when I re-load the file, the problems go
away.

Obviously, this means that I'm not loading things in the correct order,
but when I tried to rearrange the contents of the files, I still had
problems - i.e. I don't understand the rules well enough to load stuff
into my workspace correctly the first time.

I haven't touched lisp for many years, so maybe I'm paradigm-impaired -
suggestions welcome (e.g. "here's how a real Lisp'er sets up a project,
these days").

Thanks
Paul Tarvydas
·········@tscontrols.com