From: Paul Tarvydas
Subject: Harlequin Q: Command line args / environment variables
I need a nudge in the right direction - a pointer to a specific chapter
in some manual will do.

I have a non-visual Harlequin (under NT) program (a parser generator)
that I want to run as a command-line program under Windows (I'm begining
to peruse the "delivery" manual now).

How do I read parameters from the command line (e.g. filenames to be
parsed, compiler switches, etc)?  Likewise, how do I get at environment
variables?

Thanks
Paul Tarvydas
·········@tscontrols.com

From: Stig E. Sandø
Paul Tarvydas <·········@tscontrols.com> writes:

> I need a nudge in the right direction - a pointer to a specific chapter
> in some manual will do.
>
> I have a non-visual Harlequin (under NT) program (a parser generator)
> that I want to run as a command-line program under Windows (I'm begining
> to peruse the "delivery" manual now).
>
> How do I read parameters from the command line (e.g. filenames to be
> parsed, compiler switches, etc)?

SYSTEM::*LINE-ARGUMENTS-LIST*

Stig Erik Sandoe     ····@ii.uib.no    http://www.ii.uib.no/~stig/
From: Pekka P. Pirinen
Paul Tarvydas <·········@tscontrols.com> writes:
> I have a non-visual Harlequin (under NT) program (a parser generator)
> that I want to run as a command-line program under Windows

Now Xanalys LispWorks, and it will work in W95/98 as well.  :CONSOLE T
is what you're looking for.

> how do I get at environment variables?

LW:ENVIRONMENT-VARIABLE.  SETF will work.
--
Pekka P. Pirinen, Harlequin Limited