From: Masoud Pirnazar
Subject: odbc or other database interface for lisp
Does anyone have an odbc or other database interface (publicly/freely
available) for lisp?  I need to access and possibly manipulate existing
tables.

From: Pierre R. Mai
Subject: Re: odbc or other database interface for lisp
Masoud Pirnazar <··········@poboxes.com> writes:

> Does anyone have an odbc or other database interface (publicly/freely
> available) for lisp?  I need to access and possibly manipulate existing
> tables.

There are a couple of free ones, depending on the CL implementation
you use.  The ones I know about:

- ODBC access and most of Harlequin's Common SQL interface, runs on
  LispWorks, ACL and MCL, (IIRC):  Paul Meurer's SQL-ODBC, the current
  version of which seems to be available from the contrib section of
  the CL-HTTP site.
  http://www.ai.mit.edu/projects/iiip/doc/cl-http/home-page.html

- Currently only on CMUCL, and with only the bare functional interface
  available at the moment (though this is about to change), with
  interfaces for MySQL and PostgreSQL (more coming, too):  MaiSQL, by
  yours truly, see http://www.pmsf.de/pmai/MaiSQL.html.

Regs, Pierre.

--
Pierre Mai <····@acm.org>         PGP and GPG keys at your nearest Keyserver
From: Bruce Tobin
"Masoud Pirnazar" <··········@poboxes.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have an odbc or other database interface (publicly/freely
> available) for lisp?  I need to access and possibly manipulate existing
> tables.

See my post titled "Microsoft ADO and Lisp" above.  The code there works
with the free version of ACL/Win, and should be adaptable without too much
difficulty to any other Lisp (e.g. Corman) that supports COM.