From: Fernando D. Mato Mira
Subject: Series 2000 status check
OK, this is what I know for now:

series 2.0.3:

It's working on:
  CMUCL 18b                                             (SuSE Linux
6.3/Intel)
  CMUCL 18c
(Solaris)                                 rtoy
  LispWorks 4.1                                           (Windows NT
4.0 SP6)
  clisp-99.01.08-21 with -a option                (SuSE Linux 6.3/Intel)

Compiles with:
  ACL 5.0.1 (SuSE Linux 6.3/Intel)

Does NOT compile with:
  GCL (DESTRUCTURING-BIND missing)           - Unsupported - GCL
maintainer must fix
  SBCL (CLTL1:COMPILER-LET  missing)         - Unsupported - Wouldn't it
be better if this was added to SBCL, not SERIES?

If anybody has other results, please follow up.

Fernando D. Mato Mira
Real-Time SW Eng & Networking
Advanced Systems Engineering Division
CSEM
Jaquet-Droz 1                   email: matomira AT acm DOT org
CH-2007 Neuchatel                 tel:       +41 (32) 720-5157
Switzerland                       FAX:       +41 (32) 720-5720

www.csem.ch      www.vrai.com     ligwww.epfl.ch/matomira.html

From: Lieven Marchand
Subject: Re: Series 2000 status check
"Fernando D. Mato Mira" <········@iname.com> writes:

> Compiles with:
>   ACL 5.0.1 (SuSE Linux 6.3/Intel)

There's a problem with the MASK function that gives a segv and there's
a problem with two of the tests.

I've send bug reports to Franz and patches to work around them to
Raymond. It seems the version you started from missed these.

--
Lieven Marchand <···@bewoner.dma.be>
If there are aliens, they play Go. -- Lasker
From: Gareth McCaughan
Fernando D. Mato Mira wrote:

> OK, this is what I know for now:
>
> series 2.0.3:
>
> It's working on:
>   CMUCL 18b                                             (SuSE Linux
> 6.3/Intel)
>   CMUCL 18c
> (Solaris)                                 rtoy
>   LispWorks 4.1                                           (Windows NT
> 4.0 SP6)
>   clisp-99.01.08-21 with -a option                (SuSE Linux 6.3/Intel)
..
> If anybody has other results, please follow up.

CMUCL 18b/FreeBSD: compiles OK. Falls over in test 294 (I think
I mean 294 not 293; 293 was the last number printed) saying

--
Gareth McCaughan  ················@pobox.com
sig under construction
From: R. Toy
Gareth McCaughan wrote:

> Fernando D. Mato Mira wrote:
>
> > OK, this is what I know for now:
> >
> > series 2.0.3:
> >
> > It's working on:
> >   CMUCL 18b                                             (SuSE Linux
> > 6.3/Intel)
> >   CMUCL 18c
> > (Solaris)                                 rtoy
> >   LispWorks 4.1                                           (Windows NT
> > 4.0 SP6)
> >   clisp-99.01.08-21 with -a option                (SuSE Linux 6.3/Intel)
> ..
> > If anybody has other results, please follow up.
>
> CMUCL 18b/FreeBSD: compiles OK. Falls over in test 294 (I think
> I mean 294 not 293; 293 was the last number printed) saying
>
>   | Type-error in KERNEL::OBJECT-NOT-LIST-ERROR-HANDLER:
>   |    :FELL-THROUGH is not of type LIST
>   | Restarts:
>   |   0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.
>   | Debug  (type H for help)
>   | (SERIES::BASIC-DO-NEXT-IN #<error printing object>)
>   | Source:
>   | ; File: load:s-code.lisp
>   | (CAR (GEN-STATE G))

This is a bug in CMUCL.  This bug was fixed in the last month or so, so
you'll have to compile a new version yourself to get this fixed.

Ray
From: Gareth McCaughan
Raymond Toy wrote:

[I reported:]
>> CMUCL 18b/FreeBSD: compiles OK. Falls over in test 294 (I think
>> I mean 294 not 293; 293 was the last number printed) saying
[etc]
> This is a bug in CMUCL.  This bug was fixed in the last month or so, so
> you'll have to compile a new version yourself to get this fixed.

Does it, in practice, affect anything other than SERIES?
If not, I'll wait until there's a lower-effort way of getting
a fixed version... :-)

--
Gareth McCaughan  ················@pobox.com
sig under construction
From: Raymond Toy

    Gareth> Raymond Toy wrote:
    Gareth> [I reported:]
    >>> CMUCL 18b/FreeBSD: compiles OK. Falls over in test 294 (I think
    >>> I mean 294 not 293; 293 was the last number printed) saying
    Gareth> [etc]
    >> This is a bug in CMUCL.  This bug was fixed in the last month or so, so
    >> you'll have to compile a new version yourself to get this fixed.

    Gareth> Does it, in practice, affect anything other than SERIES?

I think I've seen it happen before, but not very often.

    Gareth> If not, I'll wait until there's a lower-effort way of getting
    Gareth> a fixed version... :-)

Indeed!

Ray