From: Jonathan BAILLEUL
Subject: DEFSYSTEM example?
Hello again.

Can someone give/send me an example of defsystem use?

I imagine this allows us to define the relationship between different
lisp files.
But does it loads files automatically? What is the point of doing it (I
know I need it but I don't yet know how)?
I also know that a defsystem declaration is often in a .system file:
what can I do with that file?

In fact, any explanation about this system would be welcome.

Thanks for your attention.

PS: I'm not sure it belongs to common lisp. In that case, what can I use
for this purpose

Jonathan BAILLEUL (········@emi.u-bordeaux.fr)
Maitrise Informatique, Universite Bordeaux I

From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: DEFSYSTEM example?
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:52:47 +0100, Jonathan BAILLEUL
<········@emi.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:

> Can someone give/send me an example of defsystem use?

If you refer to MK:DEFSYSTEM, check the sample system definitions, i.e.
files with the .system extension, which come with CLOCC:

  CLOCC - Common Lisp Open Code Collection
  http://clocc.sourceforge.net/

Paolo
From: Russell Senior

JB> Hello again.  Can someone give/send me an example of defsystem
JB> use?

There is some documentation (circa 1991) in:
<http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/code/tools/mkantdoc.tgz>.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
·······@aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible