From: Dusan Sormaz
Subject: How to call WIn functions from Lisp

Hi,

I am writing manufacturing feature modeling example in lisp/CLOS and
I would like to call netscape to display built vrml model.

How do I call WinNT programs from lisp? I looked in all my manuals and I
coud not find it. I use Harlequin Lispworks.

Dusan Sormaz

--------------344780016683DD3DFAC74EBA

begin:vcard
n:Sormaz;Dusan
tel;fax:(740) 593-0778
tel;work:(740) 593-1548
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Ohio University;Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
adr:;;280 Stocker Center;Athens;Ohio;45701;USA
version:2.1
·····················@ohio.edu
title:Assistant Professor
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
end:vcard

--------------344780016683DD3DFAC74EBA--

From: Arthur Lemmens
Subject: Re: How to call WIn functions from Lisp
Dusan Sormaz wrote:

> How do I call WinNT programs from lisp? I looked in all my manuals and I
> coud not find it. I use Harlequin Lispworks.

Use WIN32::OPEN-PIPE, e.g.

  (win32::open-pipe :application-name "c:\\windows\\notepad.exe")

Arthur
From: Pekka P. Pirinen
Arthur Lemmens <·······@simplex.nl> writes:
> Dusan Sormaz wrote:
> > How do I call WinNT programs from lisp? I looked in all my manuals and I
> > coud not find it. I use Harlequin Lispworks.
>
> Use WIN32::OPEN-PIPE, e.g.
>
>   (win32::open-pipe :application-name "c:\\windows\\notepad.exe")

Or SYS:CALL-SYSTEM-SHOWING-OUTPUT; This is undocumented, but similar
to the Unix version, see <URL:http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/re
ference/lwu41/lwref/LWRM_411.HTM>.

You might also want to use DDE to control Netscape; Those functions
are described in the LWW Reference Manual.
--
Pekka P. Pirinen, Harlequin Limited
If you don't succeed at first, try again.  Then quit.  No use of being a