From: horozco
Subject: How to load a lisp file in Allegro Common Lisp
I'm novel in the lenguaje Common Lisp. I'm using the
compiler "Allegro Common Lisp". In the compiler, I'm trying
to load a lisp file "main.lisp", than is in other directory
than the compiler.

I put this sentence in the compiler:
(load "main") (in-package medic) (load-all) (load-domains)

and I recive an error: "file not found". I think this error
is because the file "main" is in other directory.

I have a question: How can I tell the compiler that the
file is in an specific directory, I have
tried "D:\medic\main.lisp", but I get an error too.

Thank you very much for you help.

ISC. H�ctor Jos� Orozco Guti�rrez.
ITESM CAMPUS COLIMA.
·······@campus.col.itesm.mx
Master Degree Student.

P.S. My english is not good.

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: How to load a lisp file in Allegro Common Lisp
horozco <···············@campus.col.itesm.mx.invalid> wrote in message
······················@usw-ex0110-075.remarq.com...

| I have a question: How can I tell the compiler that the
| file is in an specific directory, I have
| tried "D:\medic\main.lisp", but I get an error too.

try (load "D:\\medic\\main.lisp")

backslash is an escape character, so when you really want one, use two.

Coby
From: Robert Monfera
Coby Beck wrote:

> try (load "D:\\medic\\main.lisp")

If that works, the standard notation should work too:

(load "d:/medic/main.lisp")

Robert