From: Warren Lucas
Subject: Errors in CMUCL Code
I am in the unfortunate position of needing to port code that worked
nicely on ACL 5.0.1 (NT 4.0) to CMUCL 18a (HP-UX) for a student to use
in his research.  I have no clue what the following error message
means.  It happens in different locations within a function, so I am
especially confused.

What is the error message really telling me?

;;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error in function HPPA:SIGCONTEXT-FLOATING-POINT-MODES:
   sigcontext-floating-point-modes not implimented.

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(HPPA:SIGCONTEXT-FLOATING-POINT-MODES
 #<Alien (* (ALIEN:STRUCT NIL #)) at #x7B03B200>)
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer

exists:
  target:code/hppa-vm.lisp.
0]
;;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Warren

Warren K. Lucas
Assistant Professor
368 Clyde Building
Provo, Utah 84602
(801) 378-6234
·······@byu.edu
From: Mike McDonald
Subject: Re: Errors in CMUCL Code
In article <·················@byu.edu>,
	Warren Lucas <·······@byu.edu> writes:
> I am in the unfortunate position of needing to port code that worked
> nicely on ACL 5.0.1 (NT 4.0) to CMUCL 18a (HP-UX) for a student to use
> in his research.  I have no clue what the following error message
> means.  It happens in different locations within a function, so I am
> especially confused.
>
> What is the error message really telling me?
>
> ;;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Error in function HPPA:SIGCONTEXT-FLOATING-POINT-MODES:
>    sigcontext-floating-point-modes not implimented.

  Yikes! It looks like it means you got a floating point exception for some
reason. And the HP port of CMUCL doesn't decode the sigcontext for the reason
for the exception. (That is a bug but since no one is supporting the HP port
anymore, I don't think it'll get fixed. (I no longer have access to HP
machines.)) You might be able to do a backtrace and see where the floating
point exception is coming from.

  Mike McDonald
  ·······@mikemac.com