From: Benny Li
Subject: Lisp and C/C++ interfacing
hi,

    I'm writing a program that hopefully can utilize LISP for higher
level development purpose.
    Can somebody provide info (eg. web sites, books, documents, etc.)
for linking C/C++ code with Lisp?

thanks,

From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: Re: Lisp and C/C++ interfacing
Benny Li wrote:

> hi,
>
>     I'm writing a program that hopefully can utilize LISP for higher
> level development purpose.
>     Can somebody provide info (eg. web sites, books, documents, etc.)
> for linking C/C++ code with Lisp?

Which Lisp-Environment? (CMUCL,CLISP,Allegro,Lispworks,CormanCL,MCL...)
each has it's own kind of foreign-function interface.

--
sincerely Yours,
Jochen Schmidt
From: Steve Long
A while back, I thought someone posted a collection of references to
foreign function
interface protocols available in the different Lisp implementations. I
know I've seen
something that involved accessing shared static memory, socket
programming, or
some such thing.

From: Reini Urban
Steve Long wrote:
>A while back, I thought someone posted a collection of references to
>foreign function interface protocols available in the different Lisp implementations. I
>know I've seen something that involved accessing shared static memory, socket
>programming, or some such thing.

but with C++ I have emotional problems.
--
Reini Urban