From: pjd
Subject: good starting point
Hello,

I am an experienced C++ programmer and an enthusiastic Lisp/Scheme learner.

I have Paul Grahams ANSI Common Lisp book and made some progress. I am
looking for some info about some programs implemented in common lisp to
study and learn how pros do it.

It needs to be
    - Open source (ofcourse)
    - Not too big or overly complex ( I am a biginner)

Appreciate your time.
cheers
pj

From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: good starting point
On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 10:17:09 +0100, "pjd" <··@durai.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> I have Paul Grahams ANSI Common Lisp book and made some progress. I am
> looking for some info about some programs implemented in common lisp to
> study and learn how pros do it.
>
> It needs to be
>     - Open source (ofcourse)
>     - Not too big or overly complex ( I am a biginner)

You may check the following resources:

  CMU Common Lisp Repository
  ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/ai/lang/lisp/

  CLiki
  http://ww.telent.net/cliki/

Both include references to applications of all sizes, from tiny bits of
code to large systems. Note that large systems are equally interesting for
beginners.

Paolo
From: Neurocrat
"pjd" <··@durai.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am an experienced C++ programmer and an enthusiastic Lisp/Scheme learner.
>
> I have Paul Grahams ANSI Common Lisp book and made some progress. I am
> looking for some info about some programs implemented in common lisp to
> study and learn how pros do it.
>
> It needs to be
>     - Open source (ofcourse)
>     - Not too big or overly complex ( I am a biginner)

I'm in a similar position.

A couple of days ago I bought a book by Peter Norvig called "Paradigms
of Artificial Intelligence - Case Studies in Common Lisp". If you
already have some knowledge of Lisp, I think this would be a
marvellous source of ideas and code samples. The problems ARE complex,
but he walks you through the construction of each solution, expanding
and improving them piece by piece. The pace is quite brisk, but if you
already know the language, you shouldn't have too much trouble keeping
up. From what I've seen of it so far, I'm VERY keen to continue.

Full source is available online. Start with http://www.norvig.com