From: [Invalid-From-Line]
Subject: Maxima and CLISP
I have been hoping to get Maxima (the Symbolic Algebra Package) to work on
CLISP. I have done some tests comparing GCL and CLISP regarding computational
speed and garbage collection and have found CLISP to be better (often a lot
better) in this regard. Hence this desire.

Unfortunately my knowledge of LISP is not very advanced yet (I'm really
interested in learning it, but I'm tackling Scheme first).
The package compiles easily with GCL (both are maintained by
William Shelter) but I've had no luck so far compiling it with
CLISP. I reckon there are only a handful of files that need modification.

So my question is: has any body managed to do this?
If somebody has I'd love to know about it.

Thanks,

Jason.
From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: Maxima and CLISP

    Jason> I have been hoping to get Maxima (the Symbolic Algebra
    Jason> Package) to work on CLISP. I have done some tests comparing
    Jason> GCL and CLISP regarding computational speed and garbage
    Jason> collection and have found CLISP to be better (often a lot
    Jason> better) in this regard. Hence this desire.

    Jason> So my question is: has any body managed to do this?  If
    Jason> somebody has I'd love to know about it.

Look for punimax.  This was the port of an earlier version of maxima
for Clisp.

Ray