From: Sebastien HOTIER
Subject: instal problem...
Hello,
I must use clos to work with metaclasses.
So I heard that I have to instal clisp, then the package called PCL.
I found them on the net, but following the instal instructions I have
the error-message:

 make
cc -O  full/modules.o full/linux.o -lm full/clx.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm
-lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 full/regexp.o full/regexi.o full/regex.o
full/wildcard.o full/fnmatch.o full/lisp.a full/libsigsegv.a
full/libiconv.a full/libintl.a full/libreadline.a full/libavcall.a
full/libcallback.a -ltermcap -ldl -o full/lisp.run
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXpm
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [full/lisp.run] Error 1

someone can help me?

thanks

Seb

From: Friedrich Dominicus
Subject: Re: instal problem...
Sebastien HOTIER <················@freesbee.fr> writes:

> Hello,
> I must use clos to work with metaclasses.
> So I heard that I have to instal clisp, then the package called PCL.
> I found them on the net, but following the instal instructions I have
> the error-message:
>
>  make
> cc -O  full/modules.o full/linux.o -lm full/clx.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm
> -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 full/regexp.o full/regexi.o full/regex.o
> full/wildcard.o full/fnmatch.o full/lisp.a full/libsigsegv.a
> full/libiconv.a full/libintl.a full/libreadline.a full/libavcall.a
> full/libcallback.a -ltermcap -ldl -o full/lisp.run
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXpm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This says it IMO very clearly the libXpm.a is missing. So check out
your distribution CD and search for that thing. Install it or the
package it belongs too and try again

Regards
Friedrich
From: William Deakin
Friedrich Dominicus wrote:

> Sebastien HOTIER <················@freesbee.fr> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> > I must use clos to work with metaclasses.
> > So I heard that I have to instal clisp, then the package called PCL.
> > I found them on the net, but following the instal instructions I have
> > the error-message:
> >
> >  make
> > cc -O  full/modules.o full/linux.o -lm full/clx.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm
> > -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 full/regexp.o full/regexi.o full/regex.o
> > full/wildcard.o full/fnmatch.o full/lisp.a full/libsigsegv.a
> > full/libiconv.a full/libintl.a full/libreadline.a full/libavcall.a
> > full/libcallback.a -ltermcap -ldl -o full/lisp.run
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXpm
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> This says it IMO very clearly the libXpm.a is missing. So check out
> your distribution CD and search for that thing. Install it or the
> package it belongs too and try again

This *could* be a dynamic library problem. You want to look for something like
either libXpm.so and libXpm.so.4.1 (or whatever) *or* a static library
libXpm.a. If you have a libXpm.so then you need to look at the shell variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and ensure that it includes the directory containing the
libXpm.so (under Linux this is typically /usr/X11/lib, under solaris
/usr/X/lib).

Cheers,

:)w ill