From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: Lisp - First Impressions
On 12 Jun 2000 18:39:38 +1000, Neurocrat <·········@one.net.au> wrote:

> How does it strike me? It makes me feel like an archaeologist finding
> the remains of a highly advanced civilisation in my bland suburban
> back yard. The analogy may sound silly, but it isn't entirely

This is exactly my feeling.

> pleasure if nothing else. To this end, I'm wondering whether anybody
> knows of any projects in progress to develop a free (beer and speech)
> GUI library - preferably cross platform, but at minimum built to run
> on free Unixen?

You may want to check the projects mentioned at CLiki:

  http://ww.telent.net/cliki/

As for GUI toolkits, I suggest that you have a look at Garnet:

http://almond.srv.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/garnet/www/garnet-home.html

Fred Gilham (gilham AT csl DOT sri DOT com) maintains an unofficial
distribution to which he applies all patches he can get his hands on:

  ftp://ftp.csl.sri.com/pub/users/gilham/garnet/

I think he would appreciate your help.

Have (de)fun,

Paolo