From: Joe Marshall
Subject: [NOISE] Quoted out of context...
I spotted this statement another newsgroup:

    ``C++ is difficult to master, and it takes lots of time and
      experience writing code the wrong way.  But it's worth it, IMHO.''

I guess I'll take his word for it --- I've never invested the time
necessary to master writing code the wrong way, but if it is worth
it....

From: Courageous
Subject: Re: [NOISE] Quoted out of context...
>     ``C++ is difficult to master, and it takes lots of time and
>       experience writing code the wrong way.  But it's worth it, IMHO.''
>
> I guess I'll take his word for it --- I've never invested the time
> necessary to master writing code the wrong way, but if it is worth
> it....

Lisp is probably equally difficult to master, with of course,
the caveat being that the price of failing to master lisp is
wholly different than the rather harsh price you can pay for
failing to master C++. Furthermore, the legendary parenthesis
overload of lisp is, IMO, nothing in comparison to what happens
when you start doing non trivial expressions in that evil
aberration called the "STL".

*S*TL
^^^

*Church Lady voice:*

"Could it be?!? SATAN!"

:)-

C/
From: Raymond Toy

    >> ``C++ is difficult to master, and it takes lots of time and
    >> experience writing code the wrong way.  But it's worth it, IMHO.''
    >>
    >> I guess I'll take his word for it --- I've never invested the time
    >> necessary to master writing code the wrong way, but if it is worth
    >> it....

    Courageous> Lisp is probably equally difficult to master, with of course,

I didn't think lisp was harder to master than C++, not that I'm a
master in either.

The biggest win for me was that fact that lisp is interactive so I
could play and learn quickly.  That's not as convenient in C++.

Ray