From: Coby Beck
Subject: Accessing another thread's process
Hello,

Using AllegroCL on WinNT we have an application server executing client requests that
come in the form of CORBA objects.  It is a single queue execution that runs in one
thread.  There is an additional thread connecting to the same process through a
development tool object browser.

The appserver in focus is running in a runtime environment on another machine so i can
only access it through our objectbrowser.  The lisp process is at 100% CPU - I would
like to a) find out why and b) kick it out of whatever it is stuck in.  Using
do-command :zoom tells me about the dev tool thread only.

Would there be a way to say get a backtrace or send a break to this other thread?

TIA

Coby
From: Steven M. Haflich
Subject: Re: Accessing another thread's process
Coby Beck wrote:

> Using AllegroCL on WinNT we have an application server executing client requests that
> come in the form of CORBA objects.  It is a single queue execution that runs in one
> thread.  There is an additional thread connecting to the same process through a
> development tool object browser.
>
> The appserver in focus is running in a runtime environment on another machine so i can
> only access it through our objectbrowser.  The lisp process is at 100% CPU - I would
> like to a) find out why and b) kick it out of whatever it is stuck in.  Using
> do-command :zoom tells me about the dev tool thread only.
>
> Would there be a way to say get a backtrace or send a break to this other thread?

RTFM re the :focus and :unarrest top-level commands which allow one
process/thread to debug another.