From: emtinc
Subject: Dictionary of programming languages
Here is a book that you might be interested in:
Learn Java by Association with C Cobol Fortran Pascal Visual Basic
Dictionary of Programming Languages

More info (including sample chapters)  at http://www.TechEdNet.com

This book is for anyone who knows C, Fortran, Cobol, Pascal or
Visual Basic and  wants to quickly learn Java.

When trying to learn a new programming language like Java you
will often say to yourself "Gee, I know how to do that in Pascal",
or whatever language you are currently fluent in, " but I wish I
knew how to do that in Java". This book is an answer to that wish.

The book is setup like a dictionary but is much more than a dictionary.
Like a dictionary it helps you with the translation of words (syntax),
in addition, it also tells you how you build "sentences" in various
programming languages.

The CD includes JDK, documentation and several Java tools.

From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: Re: Dictionary of programming languages OT
You realized that you posted to a Lisp-group?
This was completely OT!!

Jochen Schmidt <ยทยทยท@dataheaven.de>