From: Dr Michael A. Koerber
Subject: How do you read binary floating point data written from C/FORTRAN?
There must be a simple solution to this since I haven't seen any reference to
it anywhere over the last year.  The problem at hand is the processing of a
binary file written from C/FORTRAN routines.  The binary file is a mix of int,
uint, float, char, etc.  The file structure (specific mix of types) can differ
from file to file and is documented by a well defined format message contained
as the first N bytes of the file.  I have learned how to handle integer and
char type data.  Can someone give me some guidance/code-segements etc to help
solve the reading/conversion of floating point data?

tnx in advance.

Dr Michael A. Koerber                     You're just jealous because the
MIT/Lincoln Laboratory			  voices decided to talk to me.
781-981-3250
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:38:05 +0000, "Dr Michael A. Koerber"
<ยทยทยท@ll.mit.edu> wrote:

> it anywhere over the last year.  The problem at hand is the processing of a
> binary file written from C/FORTRAN routines.  The binary file is a mix of int,

This library might help:

  http://www.cs.uit.no/~frodef/sw/binary-types/

Paolo