From: Janos Blazi
Subject: Apropos Dylan
As some people talked about Dylan I decided to take a closer look at it.
There are several links to the 'Reference Manual' (whatever that may be) on
the Dylan Exchange page but the day before yesterday all links were broken!
J.B.

From: Chris Double
Subject: Re: Apropos Dylan
"Janos Blazi" <······@vipsurf.de> writes:

> As some people talked about Dylan I decided to take a closer look at
> it.  There are several links to the 'Reference Manual' (whatever
> that may be) on the Dylan Exchange page but the day before yesterday
> all links were broken!

You might get a better response in the Dylan newsgroup:

comp.lang.dylan

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan
From: Hugh Greene
On 3 Jul 2000, Chris Double wrote:
> "Janos Blazi" <······@vipsurf.de> writes:
> > As some people talked about Dylan I decided to take a closer look at
> > it.  There are several links to the 'Reference Manual' (whatever
> > that may be) on the Dylan Exchange page but the day before yesterday
> > all links were broken!
>
> You might get a better response in the Dylan newsgroup:
>
> comp.lang.dylan

But, while you're here, you can find the Dylan Reference Manual (DRM --
the official language spec) online at

  <http://www.gwydiondylan.org/drm/drm_1.htm>

(Actually I can't seem to get through to the site right now, but it's
usually fine ;-)  This site and the commercial one

  <http://www.functionalobjects.com/>

seem to be the most active at the moment (plus the newsgroup, and Chris
Double's own Dylan pages :-).

Hope that helps,
Hugh

P.S.: I'd do an "ObLisp" bit but (a) it's ages since I've got closer to
Lisp than Dylan, and before that it was Emacs Lisp, or Scheme at uni; and
(b) talking about Dylan instead of Lisp is actually on-topic for this
thread ;-)
From: Chris Double
Hugh Greene <·@tardis.ed.ac.uk> writes:

> On 3 Jul 2000, Chris Double wrote:
> >
> > You might get a better response in the Dylan newsgroup:
> >
> > comp.lang.dylan
>
> But, while you're here, you can find the Dylan Reference Manual (DRM --
> the official language spec) online at
>
>   <http://www.gwydiondylan.org/drm/drm_1.htm>

Ahh, is that where it went. I would have replied with a link but I
didn't know where a current one was. Thanks for the pointer.

> P.S.: I'd do an "ObLisp" bit but (a) it's ages since I've got closer
> to Lisp than Dylan, and before that it was Emacs Lisp, or Scheme at
> uni; and (b) talking about Dylan instead of Lisp is actually
> on-topic for this thread ;-)

Hmm, let me try, ObLisp: Gwydion Dylan includes a simple 'lisp to
dylan' translator - it was used to (at least partially) convert the
parser generator originally written in lisp to dylan I believe.

ObScheme: There is a Dylan primer for Scheme programmers at
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/jsobel/forschemers.html for those
schemers interested in language differences.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan
http://www.double.co.nz/cl